Finding Rhythms

June 14, 2018

This last week I've been working on figuring out a way to analyze recovery data in such a way that it properly reflects the recovery that we see with our eyes. Since Jessica (Jason's grad student) isn't here this summer the task has fallen to me and I've no experience with data analysis outside of class, which was never pertinent to what I am doing in the lab. After a few 12 hour days and bad ideas, I think we've finally found a way. Now I just need more experiments that show recovery to boost the data.    


Another thing that we’ve been working on is finding out why we can’t get rhythm on the second rig. We tried keeping the dissection fluid surrounded by ice to keep the bird cold, looked into another type of dissection fluid, looked at the grounding of the rig and couldn’t find the solution. I decided to go ahead and do a surgery and try to record rhythm and found a bad wire. Now we can record rhythm at both rigs!







Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Featured Posts

Discovering the World Underneath a Microscope

July 27, 2018

Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Please reload

Search By Tags


© 2019 ISU INBRE

Department of Biological Sciences

Idaho State University

921 South 8th Avenue
Pocatello, Idaho, 83209


Phone: (208) 282-1161